I figure this will take care of both.
Behold! The 1979 Chevrolet Malibu Classic Station Wagon. Witness! The extensive list of [non]options!
- No a/c!
- Rear windows that did not open! Well, the small triangle window you see there by the C-pillar swung out, what do you think Chevy doesn't care?
- Roof rack!
- Yella paint job!
- Small child with broom included at no extra cost!
- Brown plastic/vinyl/that-stuff-you-stick-to interior!
- am/fm radio sans
tape deck (no, there was no 8-tack in it)!
In truth, I liked that car. and looking at it, it's got some nice touches, like chrome on the bumpers, molding, and door handles. It was the first car I ever knew, being born less than a year prior to its purchase.
I started scanning some pictures of cars in my family through the years. Not too much up yet, but the set is over at my Flickr
. I swore I had a picture of my '89 Jimmy on my computer, but I don't. Other than that, all my cars are up, as well as some of my father's. Maybe the next time my mother raids her boxes and boxes of photos, I'll inherit some more.
And for those of you dying
for the conclusion of the music post, after much deliberation and brow-furrowing I believe Blind Melon's "No Rain" to be just about the 90siest song ever. It hits all the high points:
- One-hit wonder
- Band with problematic singer (big in the 90s)
- Cross-radio-station appeal, and a big last point,
- A very memorable, MTV-ready video